I can not tell you how truly honoured I am to be nominated for the Liebster Award. A sincere thank you to the Paranoid Working Parent for voting for me.
The Liebster Award is given from one blogger to another to find out more about new blogs and the people behind them.
I have never heard of such awards but think it is a great way to ‘meet’ new bloggers and for other bloggers to get to know a little more about me. So here goes…
As part of my acceptance of this distinguished award I hereby provide answers to the Paranoid Working Parent’s questions;
1. What did you last laugh at?
This morning watching my 17 month old son on the balance beam at our Tumbleweed Gymnastics session. Watching his little feet tackle the obstacle in his innocent and carefree way.
2. What did you last cry at?
The Green Mile movie. Has me in floods of snot and tears overtime!
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Mummy of two. Maybe returned to work as a teacher two days a week and then being a SAHM 3 days a week. Would be fabulous if my blog is still going then and I’m making money from it.
4. What inspired you to start blogging?
Other bloggers. I read a lot of blog posts whilst I was pregnant and as a new mum. I thought I had things that I wanted to write about so though ‘why not?’
5. What is your favourite music genre?
Do I have to pick just one? Classical, Rock, Pop, Indie. I like variety.
6. Where would be your ideal holiday destination?
Bora Bora. We couldn’t afford it for our Honeymoon but I’m holding out for our 20th wedding anniversary.
7. Crisps, chocolate, or neither?
8. What was the last gift you received?
A set of crochet hooks from one of my best friends.
9. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
How much sleep I needed to feel rested and energised.
10. Where do you do the majority of your blogging?
In our home office.
11. What is your favourite book genre?
Autobiographies. I love reading about peoples lives and the experiences they’ve had. Especially those that lived in a different time or culture.
Random Facts About Me
1. Since being pregnant the smell of rice crackers makes me feel instantly nauseous. Even now 17 months later.
2. I LOVE P!nk. Every song and every album. She is my idol.
3. I can’t dive into water. I either belly flop or fall in vertically. And never with so much as an ounce of grace.
4. I have 101 ambitions/hobbies but never the time, energy or money to do any of them.
5. I have two cats and two fish. I would love to add a dog and chickens to my menagerie.
6. I was born in the West Midlands in the UK, but now love in Auckland, New Zealand.
7. I used the play the trumpet.
8. I used to be in the Army Cadets. I can shoot a variety of weapons!
9. I am scared whenever I swim in the sea.
10. I love scary movies!
11. I wear flip flops for eight months of the year. Love New Zealand weather.
I hereby continue the Liebster Award tradition and pass the award onto the following new bloggers. Congratulations to;
My questions for you lovely ladies are;
1. What is your happiest memory?
2. What are you most proud of? (Except your children)
3. What one person (alive or dead) would you invite around for dinner and why?
4. If you won the lottery, how would you spend the money?
5. What is your favourite meal, including drink and dessert?
6. Do you have any hidden talents?
7. If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
8. What inspired you to start blogging?
9. Describe yourself in 3 words.
10. If you were to be reincarnated as an animal, what animal would you be and why?
11. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, which book would it be?
The Liebster Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog in your post.
- Show the award on your blog or in your post.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you feel deserve the award.
- Create a list of new questions for your nominees to answer.
Once your blog is published, let your nominees know that they have been nominated and link them to your post for more details.
My Final Words
Thank you again to the Paranoid Working Parent for voting for me. You truly made my week!
A post of hers that I really enjoyed reading was the very honest ‘When breast isn’t best – an honest tale‘. As a breastfeeder I am passionate for other women to do the same as much as they can. This is another sad tale of yet another mum being let down and unsupported by the system that is supposed to help, encourage and support. Thank you for sharing.